(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee) (updated 11/2017)
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
1. Attend or submit reports at the IBA summer, fall, and conference business meetings.
2. Chair the annual Elementary Affairs meeting during the IBA Conference.
3. Give a list of ideas to the current IBA president of topics/clinics that would be beneficial to elementary band directors at the IBA Conference.
4. Contact district committee members during the year, a minimum of every other month.
5. Maintain (or designate another committee to maintain) our social media site.
6. Share duties and responsibilities for this committee with current and new members.
1. Coordinate with Middle School Affairs members to present a reading clinic for EL/MS level literature at the IBA conference on alternating years.
2. Attend or send a representative to the Elementary Affairs meetings for state and district levels and voice ideas and concerns.
3. Communicate with district elementary teachers bi-annually.
4. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3-year term.
Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.