MARCHING BAND AFFAIRS
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee) (updated 2013)
1. Serve as a liaison to the Executive Secretary of the Iowa High School Music
Association and discuss any issues dealing with State Marching Band Contest.
2. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Marching Band
Affairs Committee (All-State Music Festival and IBA Conference are recommended).
Committee members will be reimbursed mileage by the IBA for meetings with IHSMA in Boone. It is suggested that
members use school vehicles when possible to avoid expenses.
3. Develop ideas and concepts that will benefit instrumental music education in the
area of marching band.
4. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3-year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
5. Share ideas with the current IBA president-elect for topics/clinics that would be beneficial to marching band directors at the IBA Conference.
6. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.