JAZZ BAND AFFAIRS
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee) (updated 11/2017)
1. Serve as a liaison to the Executive Secretary of the Iowa High School Music Association and discuss any issues dealing with the State Jazz Band Contest.
2. Serve as a liaison to the Jazz Educators of Iowa
3. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
4. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Jazz Band Affairs committee (All-State Music Festival and IBA Conference are recommended). Committee members will be reimbursed mileage by the IBA for meetings in Boone with IHSMA. It is suggested that members use school vehicles when possible to avoid expenses.
1. Develop ideas and concepts that will benefit instrumental music education in the area of jazz band.
2. Committee members are selected by each district to serve a staggered 3 year term. Each committee member may serve a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
3. Share ideas with the current IBA president-elect for topics/clinics that would be beneficial to jazz band directors at the IBA Conference