COLLEGE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE and CHAIR
(chair appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee) (updated 11/2017)
State Chair Responsibilities:
1. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
2. Represent college directors who are IBA members and share ideas and concerns with the IBA membership.
3. Recommend possible clinic ideas to the president for the IBA conference. District Chair Responsibilities:
1. Promote membership in the Iowa Bandmasters Association among college/university directors.
2. Promote research and presentation of current pedagogical practices at district and state events for the betterment of the general membership.
3. Encourage colleges/universities to establish IBA student chapters using the sample bylaws on the IBA website.
4. Support the Student Affairs committee through mentorship, and encouraging and facilitating participation in district and state IBA events, including the annual conference.