(appointed by the president – selected from the membership of the committee)
MISSION STATEMENT - TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE
The mission of the IBA Technology Committee is to enhance the capacity of band directors in Iowa to use technology for 1) the purpose of advancing high student achievement, and 2) the development and use of 21st century skills (Iowa Core Curriculum).
Responsibilities of the Chair
1. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
2. Schedule and prepare an agenda for at least 2 meetings of the IBA Technology Affairs committee (All-State Music Festival and IBA Conference are recommended).
Responsibilities of the Committee
1. Share ideas with the current IBA president-elect for topics/clinics that would be beneficial to directors at the IBA Conference.
2. Develop ideas and concepts that will benefit music education and the use of technology.
1. Provide support and professional development around integrating technology into the band program.
2. Define and review technology issues that affect band directors to keep information fresh while maintaining support for ongoing projects.
3. Research the newest technologies and keep band directors up to date through electronic communication, the IBA Magazine, and presentations at the IBA Conference.
4. Maintain a statewide resource list of individuals willing to assist other directors in incorporating technology into their program.