(elected by IBA membership - three year term) (updated 2013)
1. The Treasurer shall handle all funds, pay bills, and give a proper accounting of same at each biannual meeting in addition to transacting the normal duties of the office. Specifically;
a. Receipt of all funds received.
b. Deposit of all funds received
c. Pay all bills as approved by the President.
d. Keep all records current.
e. Reconcile the various accounts with the monthly bank statements.
f. Work with the President to insure that spending does not exceed the total amount budgeted or, if revenues fall below projections, the total amount available within the limits of the budget.
g. Provide bimonthly financial reports to the IBA Board of Directors.
h. Provide a fiscal year-end report to the IBA Board of Directors at the summer planning meeting.
i. Present a preliminary budget proposal to the IBA Board of Directors at the summer planning meeting. The final budget shall be approved by both the IBA Board of Directors and the IBA Advisory Board.
j. Be present for the annual audit of the books by a committee of three members of the Advisory Board, one of whom will be the President-Elect who will serve as chairperson of the committee.
k. Attend all IBA Board of Directors and biannual membership meetings and submit required reports.
l. Serve as the official registered agent for the IBA Corporation in the State of Iowa; home address shall be the official registered office of the IBA Corporation in the State of Iowa.
m. Insure that the Iowa Bandmasters Association, Inc., is in compliance with all fiscal and spending requirements for State and Federal non-profit corporations.
n. Complete I.R.S. Form 990 and related forms for Non-Profit Organizations by November 15 each calendar year.
o. Complete Iowa Biennial Report for an Iowa Non-Profit Corporation to the Office of the Iowa Secretary of State.
2. The Treasurer is a member of the IBA Board of Directors of the Corporation; as such, the Treasurer shall:
a. Act as legal liaison for the IBA Board of Directors and membership with the Iowa Bandmasters Association, Inc., attorney.
b. Be bonded by the Corporation.
c. Be provided a computer, external hard drive, and printer.
d. Serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the IBA Endowment Fund Committee.
e. Receive an annual honorarium.
f. Be provided lodging, banquet ticket, and conference fee at the IBA Conference by the IBA.
3. The Treasurer shall serve a three-year term. The original appointment shall be through an application/interview process with the IBA Board of Directors. Once appointed and after serving one year as Assistant Treasurer and one year as Acting Treasurer, a confirmation vote of the Iowa Bandmasters Assn., Inc. membership is required. A reconfirmation vote will then occur once every three years. The term of office for the Treasurer shall be concurrent with the Federal fiscal year for non-profit corporations, July 1 to June 30.
5. The Treasurer shall serve as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Endowment
6. This position receives an honorarium.
7. Lodging, banquet ticket, and conference fee at the IBA Conference will be provided by the IBA.
8. To ensure proper training and continuity as a member of the Board of Directors, the treasure will declare his/her intent to run (or not run) by November of the first year of their final term. Elections for treasure-elect will take place during the following spring IBA elections to overlap the treasurer’s final year of service with the treasure-elect’s first year.
9. Attend all IBA Board of Directors meetings and submit a report.