COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR (formerly Magazine Editor)
(elected by IBA membership - three year term) (updated 2021)
1. Publish the Iowa Bandmaster Magazine four times per year (summer, fall, winter,
2. Serve on the IBA Board of Directors.
3. Oversee the printing of IBA materials including the president’s newsletter, IBA directory, stationary, etc…
4. Coordinate information from the IBA president concerning the conference magazine issue.
5. Oversee the solicitation of advertisers for the magazine with Advertising Chair (currently Chad Allard).
6. Collect a variety of articles concerning instrumental music education.
7. Publish state festival/contest results and coordinate with the Festival Results Chair (currently Denise Graettinger).
8. Publish IBA district news and coordinate with the District News Chair (currently Elaine Menke).
9. Travel to the printing company (currently in Pella) and oversee the printing
of the magazine.
10. This office receives an honorarium and membership dues to the Iowa Bandmasters Association are provided by IBA.
11. The lodging and banquet ticket for the IBA Conference is provided by IBA.
12. Attend all IBA business meetings and submit a report.
13. Coordinate with the IBA Webmaster in regard to the management of the IBA website https://bandmasters.org.