Welcome to the tutorial for creating an IBA website user account, verifying your membership information, or registering for the annual IBA Conference.
Before you begin...
PLEASE check your IBA print materials (Paper Directory, address label or recent magazine) for your member id number. You should use this number to connect your paid membership correctly.
This number does not change! If you have changed schools you still have the same member ID number. If you were a student member you will keep the same member ID number.
Your email will no longer be allowed for username, ONLY your member ID number will be recognized.
Our website has the following features for our members:
- Website User Account – allows access to your membership registration/information, and IBA Conference registration. A user account is also required to submit news articles, view committee work, receive online voting information and view the member directory.
- Member Registration – allows access to your membership information and payment options. Enables payment current or next year’s dues with a credit card.
- Conference Registration – replaces the paper "Conference Pre-Registration" form. Pay online with credit card only. You can still mail in a printed copy of this online form OR pre-registration form from magazine (Winter edition) with a check or school purchase before April 15th.
* Pre-Registration NoticePlease note that all payments by check (with paper form) must be received by the April 15th. This is the IBA Conference Pre-Registration deadline for you to be considered as "pre-registered". If you register using a school purchase order (with paper form), you will not be pre-registered for the IBA Conference until payment is received. It is your responsibility to submit the registration form invoice to your business office for payment. Online registration is open from February 15th to April 15th.
New Members ONLY
Step 1: Create an IBA Member Account
- Mouse over the "Member Login" button in the main menu and select "Create an account". (see Figure 1 below)
Figure 1: New User Registration - Create an Account
- Fill out the registration form to pay your dues and become a current member. (see Figure 2 below)
- Complete the IBA Member Registration form and provide payment if necessary.
- If conference registration is open and you would like to register for the conference, you may complete the conference registration on the same form. Click the checkbox labeled "I would like to register for the conference" and the conference registration fields will be revealed.
- Once the registration form has been submitted successfully, you will be receive an email with details about your membership. You will be able view and modify your membership information on the website as well as register for the upcoming conference if registration is open.
- Please remember, your membership will not be activated until payment is received.
Important Notice - Current and Previous Members
Step 2: Login to The Website
- Once you have activated your account on the website, mouse over the Member Login link in the main menu. A pop-up will display the login form. (see Figure 1 above)
- Enter your member number ID in the first field and password in the second field.
- Click the "Log in" button at the bottom of the pop-up.
For Existing Members
- Select the “Login” button at the top right corner of the page. Enter your member ID in the first field and password in the second field then click “Login”. (see Figure 1 above)
- After logging in to the site, you will see the FOR MEMBERS Menu on the left.
- Select "My IBA Membership and Conference Registration" from the FOR MEMBERS Menu. This page will allow you to review your membership details and register for the conference if registration is open.
- New and existing members may register for the conference during the registration and pre-registration periods. (February 15 - April 15)
- AGAIN THIS YEAR!! Reduced fee for pre-registration!! Only $50 Conference fee raises to $60 after April 15th.
- Existing members should review their membership information to verify that it is up to date.
- On the IBA Conference Registration page you can register for the conference, purchase banquet or district luncheon tickets, donate to the IBA Endowment Fund, purchase IBA pins, and register your guests.
- Conference registration fees can be paid online by credit card or OFFLINE (print a copy of the online form or use the form you received in the Winter Magazine) by check* or school purchase order*.
* Pre-Registration NoticePlease note that all payments by check (with paper form) must be received by the April 15th IBA Conference Pre-Registration deadline for you to be considered pre-registered. If you register using a school purchase order (with paper form), you will not be pre-registered for the IBA Conference until payment is received. It is your responsibility to submit the registration form invoice to your business office for payment.
Non-members who wish to attend the conference are welcome, but you must become a member of IBA to attend. You can register for membership online or at the IBA Conference. The registration desk will be on the 2nd floor of the Marriott Hotel. Membership dues are Active - $65, Associate - $35, Retired - $20, Student $10. We welcome all music educators. A Conference Fee of $60.00 is required for all active members attending the conference. ($50 before April 15th)
If you are planning to take the IBA conference for re-certification or graduate credit, you must also be a member of IBA.